Home About Shop Featured Contact Sponsor

Friday, August 23, 2013

Loving Lately//7-Life

I gotta admit...sometimes life has a way of dealing you a whole bunch of crap at the same time. And then randomly works itself out, and then crumbles down again...and repeat...

Some people have the natural gift of always looking on the bright side, others need to be reminded. For myself, I find it difficult to not dwell on the negative and shift my thinking to brighter things. I find that I constantly need a reminder that this too shall pass, or that everything happens for a reason. I struggle to see the good in the days that are so long and drawn out, days that are filled with headaches and whining. Days that are mumbled together with worries, anxieties...and if I'm not careful can be my own worst enemy.

Which is why I love this day. Friday. The end of the week. The day that is purposely marked as Loving Lately. The day that forces me to look on the brighter side and brings about the good things, the things that make me smile, the simple things to love. I know that I should be looking for these things daily, and I have even been keeping a little notebook and documenting those daily special things, but it's a work in progress. I'm retraining my brain that positive is better. Remembering the giggles and smiles is way better then remembering the screaming and chaos :)


So today I am enjoying life....


...which in this split second, I feel accomplished and content. Laundry is hung, kids are playing, my feet are up, and my coffee and magazine are waiting...

Happy Friday!
Loving Lately



What are you loving lately? Write it, post it, link it, grab a button, follow us (Me, Danielle & Kelly) and make some new friends!



Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

6 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

I can totally relate. :) Have a wonderful weekend,girl!

What Marty Sees said...

What a wonderful Friday! Hope it's a start to fabulous weekend!

Mona's Picturesque said...

That sure looks lovable :)
I'm new here & glad I stopped by!
Love your linky party theme. What a wonderful place you have here ♥
Thanks!

Unknown said...

I have tons of problems with looking on the bright side too. It just seems that the crappy stuff is far easier to remember than the good, which is troubling to me. I want to remember the good stuff, not the bad!

Sarah said...

I feel like I've been writing a lot about my glass-half-empty mentality lately. Writing about it has helped tremendously, but my blog is starting to resemble a therapy session. :) I struggle with the long drawn out things, too. As much as I'd love to be more fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, I really crave stability and reliability. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way. As always, you wrote about this part of the human condition so eloquently. Your last picture looks like bliss.

Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle said...

Oh my goodness yes you enjoy!! I'm with you... sometimes you just need to sit back and think of the good things... ps your backyard looks so fun! won't lie!